Thread: Penny
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 06:12 PM   #1
cwcarpenter98

Penny

A couple months ago, I got the opportunity to take a look at an 81 C10. A deal was arranged, but I had to focus on finishing college before I could do anything with it.

It's a Custom Deluxe, 305, 2 barrel, and probably a TH350 trans, but I haven't looked underneath to confirm that one. It has factory A/C and my favorite wheel base, a long bed.

The story goes that Dr. Pennington's father purchased the truck used around 1986 and rarely drove it due to health complications. When he passed around 1990, the truck was used around the farm by Dr. Pennington, his brother, and his son. His son also took the truck to UGA during college. After college, it returned to the farm and was parked in the early 2000s, but Dr. Pennington doesn't remember exactly why.

It was sitting for so long that some rodents decided to make the engine their new home. They chewed through most of the wiring harness, vacuum hoses, and at least 3 of the 8 spark plug wires. They also left a huge mess of sticks, twigs, acorns, walnuts, leaves, grass, and poop, lots of poop.
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote