Thread: Penny
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 03:29 PM   #11
cwcarpenter98

Re: Penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
My opinion, is at this stage of the game, I would use paint. Frost White is the color of your cab roof. If you're going to paint the wheels, and say the bumper, it would make sense to get that color or something close to it. It's a bright white, but not an antiseptic white that looks almost blue. So if you get a chip of it, you could probably find a rattle can that was close enough for those parts. Or go to an automotive paint supplier and get Frost White mixed up. I hope you're able to snag the truck soon so you can get some drive time in while it's still summer.
Thanks for the info on the color. My plan would be to match the wheels to the top as I'm assuming that's what GM did as well.

I won't be able to get the truck back on the road this summer. Crunch time is coming up soon for my 3rd CPA exam, so I am not planning on bringing it home until some time during the week after my exam. That does give me time to get the old tires off, freshen up the wheels, and get some good tires on them before I go back to get the truck. Then I have to do all the wiring stuff and fix the brakes that I'm assuming will be bad after sitting for so long.

Down here about an hour north of Atlanta, I can drive my old stuff pretty much year round, unless the weather is really, really bad. I don't have a garage to park either truck in at the moment, so no reason to winterize the trucks and not drive them

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote