View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 02:50 PM   #4
Cadillac Kid

Re: 1974 c10 New Reman Brake Booster/Master Low Pedal (Not Spongy)

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstop View Post
As for your question - two things come to mind - adjustment of the booster pushrod and/or pedal pushrod, or master cylinder bore. Too small of a bore will cause a lot of travel. Your symptoms sound similar to too small of a master cylinder bore. Oreilley and Autozone are generally fine for parts, but I like to go in there with the part numbers of what I want. That way I know what I am getting and have researched it first.
I am the same way. I always look at their website and write down part numbers before I go in and buy parts. I bought the booster/master together as one item. It was only about $10 more to buy it with the master, so you wouldn't think that the master cyclnder bore would be the wrong depth/size, but who knows these days? I think the brake pedal pushrod is not a problem because as it sits right now, the brake pedal sits much higher than the gas pedal. And the adjustment rod is turned all the way in. Its actually so high that it bothers me, but I can worry about that later because I dont think it contributing to the problem.

For what its worth, I've only driven the truck around the block a few times. It's still unregistered, and has a leaky radiator. But on the road and even in the driveway, you can tell the brakes aren't right. I'm kinda reluctant to get the same unit again. If I'm going to do all of this work again, I dont want to be doing it a third time.

Thanks

-Gavin