View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 07:49 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Re: Finally got burned

How could the seller know they weren't pitted if he never cleaned them? I think you should link us to his sale and you should bring your issue for all that group to see. I'm probably in that group and so are many others. We have the power to wish he never sold you those faulty gears. Pits are not ok. They mean a compromised and weakening wear surface. They only get worse and next come chips. That is the reason we buy new gears to avoid catastrophic issues from occurring. That is the reason bearings get replaced. I'd about guarantee the carrier bearings are equally pitted. Sure a vehicle can run on pitted gear teeth a while, but how long and why go through the labor to install? The absolute fact here is the seller claimed there wear no pits. The buyer did not ask for his opinion. When asked this question it was the duty of the seller to do as the buyer did and clean the damn ring gear up and inspect as if he cared as much that the buyer got what he paid for as he cared that he got the money! It's called integrity. You have to look at the $108.45 cost to the buyer compared to the cost of new, and now the $66.90 it will now cost him for nothing!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote