View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #46
LakeAnna

Re: 72 Not sure what to call it yet resto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Somehow I missed the last few updates. Went from rusty to done since I last checked in! WOW! Great work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleb's69 View Post
Did you spray or brush the frame? It looks great and so does all of the rest of the progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPinstriper View Post
3M seam sealer or 5200 Marine Sealant will work fine and paint will adhere to it when its dry...
VA72C10 thanks for the kind words! I still need to catch up with you sometime...

Double D I sprayed the frame and it was a little tough getting it to flow through the primer gun. We have a Devilbis startingline primer gun with a 1.8 tip. Usually that gun works great but with the SEM rust shield it was a little to thick. With that being said though... It covered very well just not as slick as regular urathane or something. I like the finish it has and it seems like a nice tough coating now that it has cured. If I had to do it again I would use the same thing with a different tip or maybe get the thinner they sell for it.

TX.... Your truck is nice!! Got the sealer deal all figured out. Funny I have used lots of 5200 on boat transoms in the past. Good stuff, tough as *%^^!

72 RESTO

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=501870
LakeAnna is offline   Reply With Quote