View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 04:45 PM   #2400
BAM55

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
What more can we say, Bam. She looks great and the more we see of it the better we like it. All the small details are just next level.

What are the preliminary plans forming in your mind about redoing the '55 car?
Thanks man. The 55 Car? I have a lot of ideas now but I know I may change my mind once I start on it. I will redo the suspension and drivetrain. I thinking corvette IFS, LS Engine, and a triangular 4 link. Body wise not many mods at all maybe shave the hood emblem and smooth Cali bumpers for the smooth look. It also will be getting a color change. I'm not sure what color that is yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed57 View Post
Hey Bam , going way back here , but I have a question. I saw that you painted the inside cab first and then later the outside of the cab. did you back tape on the edge on this when blending the two to get a soft edge? trying to get a game plan here together for mine
Yes I just back tape it off to get a softer edge. I use the bodylines also. Like use the door jamb and you will be fine. I back tape the door jambs and tape the back window and windshield from the outside when spraying the interior and did the reverse when painting the outside.

Last edited by BAM55; 03-15-2021 at 07:26 PM.
BAM55 is offline   Reply With Quote