View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 11:16 PM   #1
Hewfil1

Carter Carb Help

First off, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Hewfil. I come from the east coast, Pennsylvania speciffically. I'm the proud owner of a 1974 GMC K10 named "Mud Shot", sporting a built 350ci V8 Chevrolet. Now, time to get to brass tax, I'll give a full intro later.

My engine has a Carter Performance AFB atop a Weiand intake. Not sure of my exact intake model because this truck sits at a farm and I don't have access to it unless it's a weekend.

My problem is this. I'm embarking on a rebuild of my carb, specifically, the accelerator pump. I have issues with bogging when hitting the throttle in gear. My problem arises at the fact that Carters are supossed to have a part ID # stamped on the front driver's side of the carb base. (Or so I've been told) However, mine had no stamp. The only stamp on the carb's base is one on the passenger side of the front.

If someone on here could give me an answer as to what model this is, or if the part number is actually stamped elsewhere, I'd really appreciate it. It's due at a major truck ride on the 28th and I need to have her rebuilt by then.
Hewfil1 is offline   Reply With Quote