Thread: my 48 s10 swap
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 10:22 PM   #79
Lrall

Re: my 48 s10 swap

some of these are out of order obviously....But, i got the cab guidecoated and blocked(its DONE) Then i started fitting the front clip, i had to cut inner fenders and 'fix' my core support. The s10 kit uses different mounting for the support. In these pics its not fully welded and the welds are sure as hell not my best. I didnt have the voltage up enough and i had trouble with it jumping the angle. Anyway, i got that all welded up, then cleaned up the cuts on the inner fenders and sprayed them black(first time shooting a real color, didnt have any runs!!). The odd shaped brackets are the AC and alternator etc bracketry that bolts to the block.

finally, i got the brake bracket cut and in, i took it back out to clean it and paint it though. Its not perfectly square or pretty(the pic is me holding it...not how its mounted lol) but it will work because we have to bend the pedal anyway. thats not the column were using either.
Next week will bring a painted firewall(monday) and starting to install the motor/trans. The kwik-wire harness came in, the TBI harness should be in next week, along with radiator, steering column/joints and various other parts!!

Last edited by Lrall; 04-27-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Lrall is offline   Reply With Quote