View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 11:11 AM   #67
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: Rodstored-72's 1986 DD build

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKISH View Post
... As far as tying into your factory harness, the last one i swapped i used the 86 sensors in adapters in the ls engine so i didnt have any gauge issues.
so did you put the sensor for a "350" carb engine into the LS engine? if so what did you do with the wire connector from the LS engine?

I have looked & printed out much of the info on Brendon's site.. he also did the reflash on my ECM. I guess I am just not understaning how to combine the wires from the OG firewall harness to the "X" connectors from the factory underhood fuse box I am pretty challenged when it comes to wiring I was/am hoping/thinking that the unknown connector can be used to make the neccessary OG instrumentation/gauge connections. in talking to a GM tech he did mention that at a certain point the signal gets translated to GMLAN language & not normal or old signal from the older vehicles. An example is connecting the oil pressure wire from the OG harness to the new harness, would i just solder the OG wire to the corresponding oil pressure signal wire from the new harness? anyways.. thanks for the response i am making progress ... just slow some related to the virus hangups & some due to my lack of knowledge. I am hesitant about buying other things wanted until I know what my wiring expense is going to end up...

rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote