View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 03:34 PM   #21
MikeinNH

Re: New C10 build starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by May70 View Post
So how did ‘practice cutting’ turn into literally ripping the whole body off the Tahoe haha

Just curious
Ha, more a place to start I guess and that I may end up with a better drivetrain/frame. Many of the Tahoe's have the Auto style HVAC, this one is pretty basic so I hope it will integrate into my build easier seeing I plan to use the newer firewall and floor on the old cab. I'm selling some of the Tahoe parts so hopefully the cost of this Tahoe will be close to nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
Hey Mike, nice start on this truck. The sloped hood GMC's are one of my favorites. Just a heads up, you may already know this, but the grill you bought will work IF you remove the chrome piece rivetted to the top and replace it with a 67-68 gmc topbar. You will also need the 67-68 gmc hood latch.

Good luck, Rg
Thank you. I didn't even know there was a difference in the hoods until I started this project. I really like the sloped hood. As for the riveted eyebrow, I already removed the top piece. My hood latch seems to work fine on the hood unless I'm missing something. Here's the fenders/hood and grill mocked up on the cab.
Attached Images

Projects: 71 C10 going on 04 Tahoe chassis * 67 IH 1200B Pickup mostly original w/ ext rust repair * 41 Buick Super 8 4 Door all original * 52 IH L-110 Panel Van getting S10 motor * 73 Datsun 620 Pickup all original
MikeinNH is offline   Reply With Quote