View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 11:35 PM   #3
rechinca

Re: 71 C10 LB: Code Name Sloth

Somewhere along the line it was probably wrecked as it has the 69-70 grille/bumper in it. And that is pretty hammered already. Not sure what way I will go with it when I replace it. I like all the different grilles they used and at the cost of them, I want to be sure what I want as I only want to make one purchase.

It does need either radiator support patched inser the battery tray or replaced. If I replace it I do have an interesting option. While working a job up in the Concow, CA area after the devastating fire that started there and then destroyed Paradise, I talked to a guy who was cleaning up his dads property. His dad didn’t make it out and was found deceased about 50 yards away from his burned out residence. He never stood a chance.

He had what was once a really nice GMC that was destroyed, but the front grille and bumper were amazingly nice and shiny. I offered to buy parts off it and he said just take what you want. Even if I didn’t use it at least it would still be used somewhere as the rest of the truck was just obliterated. And I mean warped panels from the heat. So I took the grille, headlight trim, fender trim, bumper and headlight buckets. I know it would mean replacing the radiator support and fenders but I don’t know. For right now they will become garage wall art with a story. Due to the fire damage I couldn’t tell what year the truck was, anyone tell me what year the grille itself is from?
Attached Images