View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 02:12 AM   #91
rechinca

Re: 71 C10 LB: Code Name Sloth

Man it’s the littles that get you slowed down on projects! Finished up with the front brakes. I had put it off as I was worried about the reality of the stock calipers and rotors fitting with the modular spindles/brackets. All for not. Great figment once I realized I had the brackets facing the wrong way. Any rate they fit great.

Heater boxes in and out are in. Let’s just say, some seals are made WAY better than others. I had two sets, one was way better. NO comparison.

And for those that don’t have one yet, BUY A DAMNED ASSEMBLY MANUAL! It saved my bacon on the steering column. Flashback to the main reason to park this truck for extensive work 18 months or so ago, went to replace the turn signal switch and found I had been driving it around with no nut holding the steering wheel on and the column together. PO said his “mechanic” had rebuilt the column for him and yet it shifted horrible. I pulled the wheel off with zero effort. So it got blown apart, all new bearings, cleaned, lubed and repainted. It is a pain but that assembly manual was a necessity as I don’t trust anything the previous mechanic did. All back together and installed.

Tomorrow going to finish off the last of the brake system, get the PS pump installed in the brackets and hopefully clutch/flywheel installed. Lots to do!