View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #14
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Figured if I was going to do trailing arms, I might as well install air bags in the process. Made sense to me So, I picked up some parts, again from a board member, this time 67Fleet was going lower on his truck, so I scored a set of CPP bolt-in notches, lowering blocks, and an adjustable track bar from him. I also picked up a new set of Slam Specialties RE7s from *****************. Also installed a set of ECE shock relocators while I was in there...

I'm one of those clean and paint everything while you have it apart types, so the rear half of the truck got the once-over. Even with all of this dis-assembly, cleaning, drilling holes, and re-assembly, this little project only took a weekend. Due to plenty of research and planning before attempting the conversion, there was even time for a few beer-breaks in there too

I will say that drilling the holes for the fittings for the air bags was my least favorite part of the entire process. Even worse than the trailing arm crossmember removal. Lying on your back, drilling upwards through 3/4" of steel with scorching bits of metal shards falling down your shirt collar is NOT fun. Basically, if you want help when it's time to drill your frame, don't call me
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote