View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #14
Saclandman

Re: Project Coca-Rustola: '67 C20 Longstepper

Did some work on the truck on Sunday. Nothing too glorious or picture worthy. After pulling out the radiator for access, I was able to replace the expansion plugs that needed to be replaced. I then remounted the driver's side exhaust manifold. Previously, I was able to remove the old broken off studs and replace with new. Went in nice and smooth. After employing a 4-ft crowbar and a sawzall to cut the remaining bolt, I was able to pull off the passanger side manifold. With the busted studs, I ground them down flush, and redrilled and tapped to accept the new studs.

Everything was going fine until I threaded in one of the new studs. I wrenched it in a little too deep, and the hole blew out the side. Many f-bombs were then thrown. So now I need to get a new manifold. Other than that, everything is almost back together. After working all afternoon in 95+ degree heat, I had had enough and called it a day as the sun went down.

Just have to replace the manifold, re-install the radiator, and bolt up the exhaust, and the old boy should be ready to fire back up again.

But I'm still waiting on my new and corrected pink slip, and I need to finish bleeding the brakes. Then, I need to get all the lights working. And install something for a bed. Probably just throw in a sheet of 3/4 plywood and bolt down. I'd really like to get this truck rolling to the Norcal meetup in September.

1967 Chevy C20 Longbed Stepside w/283 and 4spdSOLD
2002 Chevy Tahoe 4X4 5.3L SOLD
2015 Chevy Silverado Crew 4X4 5.3L
Saclandman is offline   Reply With Quote