View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 06:08 PM   #8
TotallyHucked

Re: Huck's 85 GMC shorty

And a shot of the engine bay as purchased:
Name:  OG motor.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  47.6 KB

So I bought this truck with the intention of LS swapping it. I'd become good friends with the guys from United by Trucks and the local C/10 Club of Ga and several of them had LS swapped trucks. My now good buddy Ron (Two Trucks Ron if y'all follow UBT) had a 5.3/4L60/3.73 '84 at the time and followed me up to a car show in Greenville, TN. He told me "I'll follow you cuz I know what it's like for a small block to keep up with an LS" Needless to say, after it would barely hold 35mph up the mtn, the swap got serious after that.

Started collecting all the parts I'd need that could work for any engine combo since I hadn't picked one up yet:
-Tejas Steelworks engine mounts, trans mount and fan shroud for dual 13" fans
-'87 fuelie tank from work (Auto Metal Direct)
-Spectra '87 fuelie sending unit
-AC Delco EP381 pump
-Vincos DIY AN line kit from Amazon (2 of them, for fuel and trans lines)
-Spal 13" fans (the middle of the road CFM rating since the top dogs were $100 more each)
-Speed Engineering 1 3/4" headers with their plug wires

We have a friend/customer of ours that runs a local junkyard so I went to see him one Saturday to see what he had for LS motors and came home with this out of his personal project stash. It's an '06 LH6 out of an Envoy Denali with 104k miles on it. These are an aluminum gen4 block and rods, flat top pistons, 799 heads, 10:1 compression and a TBSS style intake. That with a 4L65E and the E40 computer. They're rated for ~320-335hp depending on your source I had already stripped the mechanical fan/accessories/manifolds off and washed it at this point. **edit** IDK why it rotates some of my pictures :facepalm:
Name:  IMG_3469.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  72.1 KB
Walker Tuned
5/8 drop
US Mags

Last edited by TotallyHucked; 04-07-2022 at 06:19 PM.
TotallyHucked is offline   Reply With Quote