Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #108
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corts60 View Post
Nice work man! I'm pretty stoked to see how those buckets turn out when they are upholstered.

So when are all of us Portland guys going to get together for a meet up?
Thanks Cort. I'm a long ways off before upholstery but I really want to see how they turn out too. There are quite a few of us withing shoutiing distance. I think a get together would be cool.

[QUOTE=DoubleL;5684954]Nice work! Looks like we're not too far from each other. I have started my own thread build. This next weekend it is rewiring for me. My trucks a daily driver but I hope to start a frame off in a year or so. My main focus right now is stopping the existing rust and making it as reliable as possible to get me to work. I think the bucket seat idea is awesome. I am trying to keep my truck "period" but not necessarily stock. I am 47 and feel like I know so little about restoring a vehicle with you learning new skills it really inspires me! Subscribed ![/QUOTE

Thanks, man. It looks like you've got a great truck to work on. I don't know how much inspiration I can be but thanks. I'm also going for the period correct look, that is why I decided to go with the bucket seat idea. Kinda like what chevy would have put in the truck if they went with a bucket seat option. Very similar to the seats that were put in the panel trucks without the high cost that those and the "buddy buckets" are going for. I've change my plan slightly, though. I'm going to use the custom seats instead of the standard seats to make them. The first one I made was mostly just a mock up to see if it would work. Now that the rainy season is here I may start working on them again soon. Stay tuned.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote