View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 05:41 PM   #13
MikeB

Re: Heard some bad things about CPP.

I had a few of their Chinese products on a 55 Chevy car. I'd say 50% of them were OK, the others acceptable to poor. Ball joints that came with their upper control arms had cracked dust boots. They did send me another pair, but I ended up using Moog ball joints. The control arms themselves were nice, except they just barely mated with the rubber snubbers on the frame.

The car also had one of their 500-series steering boxes. It worked fairly well, but the optional aluminum cover that came separately had the world's softest chrome bolts. Made me wonder what the steering box internals were like. Had I kept the car, I would have replaced it with one from Borgeson.

On another note, I second the Grump. Rear drums work great on these trucks, and unless you use a high quality disc kit from a vendor like Wilwood, I doubt you'd feel any improvement over drums. My 69 has 5-on-5 axles with Wagner shoes and the heavier 71-72 finned drums, so they can handle more abuse than the 69's non-finned drums. Not that I ever really need that!
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!

Last edited by MikeB; 03-25-2021 at 10:08 AM.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote