Thread: 55.2-59 1958 Saab story
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2023, 12:56 AM   #359
gottattooz

Re: 1958 Saab story

The transmission input shaft speed sensor is acting up, so I have to replace it. When I jacked up the truck to start pulling the transmission, I noticed an oil leak from the engine. The exhaust y- pipe is in the way of everything, the transfer case has to come off, etc. etc. Since I'm going to pull the engine anyways to check for cracks, I can leave the transmission in place and replace the sensor.

Then there's the whole "while I'm at it" moment. I was fine with the way the truck ran with a stock lq4, but a little thumpity thumpity would also be cool. So I ordered the Brian tooley racing "Truck Norris" camshaft and everything that goes with it. New gaskets and lifters and springs.

I couldn't find any shorty headers to bolt up to the stock y-pipe, so I ordered the speed engineering headers and y-pipe without cats that bolts directly to the existing exhaust.

All new belts and tensioner, spark plug wires and whatever other new shiny things that will nickel and dime me to death, but I'm excited to hear the new exhaust note when she's finished.

Josh
Attached Images

2017 Suzuki M109R
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote