View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 12:37 PM   #27
weim55

Re: MOOG Disapointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
So, last fall/winter I rebuilt my entire front suspension, steering, and converted to power disc brakes on the front. Another thread on here a week or so ago got me to looking at everything and I discovered that one of the boots on my tie rods is completely split and the others are already cracked. WTH? The truck literally has maybe three miles on it since this was all installed as it is still not technically road ready, but close.

Anybody got recommendations for replacement tie rod boots? I'm a little aggravated to be going back and pulling some of this apart.

A now typical problem I've been dealing with for 10+ years now. I'm also suspect of all the aftermarket with just about everything. Back in the day I would just through a front end ( as an example) replace everything with new. Not anymore, I carefully check everything and reuse anything I can that is OEM. The rest, if possible, I look for NOS, and willing to pay the $$. I save stuff like used OEM ball joint boots if they are nice (unthinkable years ago). With a careful inspect I even reuse wheel cylinder, master cylinder rubbers and hard parts as the failure and fitament issues are so common and the old rubber quality is far superior to anything new off the shelf.

Steve weim55 Colorado
weim55 is offline   Reply With Quote