View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 03:57 PM   #109
NeoJuice

Re: 1952 Project 1433

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
Just read your build. Very nice clean truck you have!! I did not know Pine sol worked so well for cleaning a carb, I will use that next time. Also I like your cup cake tray idea for keeping all the bolts separate. Keep up the good work, it will be purring in no time now.
Thank you for the comments on the truck. Its slowly coming along. I didnt know about the pine sol trick either. I was googling and youtubeing other alternatives to hard chemicals and that I could easily source locally. I tried sourcing the other carb cleaners and I just couldnt find anything.

I just went to the local grocery store and got some ORIGINAL pine sol (it has to be original) and went to the dollar store to pickup a big bucket and let it all soak. The first bucket picture was swapped out for a medium sized tupper ware container from the dollar store that I could completely submerge all the parts in. This required a little more pine sol to submerge everything.

I used an old cupcake tray because it helped me organize all my parts and working out pretty good. Just be sure you ask the wife first LOL.
NeoJuice is offline   Reply With Quote