View Single Post
Old 09-22-2023, 11:55 AM   #1
loudchevy

"BUILD: 1970 C10 LWB--->SWB “Jumping Cholla”

I have always wanted a 67-72 C10 since I was in high and saw the movie Dazed and Confused, loved that black C10. I had been looking for a truck on/off over the years and have been watching the prices climb and the quality of truck go down and amount of work needed to get the C10 driving on the road go way up.

My 15 year old son recently got heavily interested in cars (specifically import super cars) and had been asking about finding a project car to work on. He would send me overpriced crap that I would nix right away. He finally sent me an offer up link with something I didn’t hate. It was an hour away, so we dragged a trailer out and took a closer look. It wasn’t drivable, covered in AZ dust, mostly complete, and the price was right so we pulled the trigger and dragged it home!

All my previous builds and modification were done to square bodies so I wanted to document the rebuild with a build thread for this 1970 C10 LWB. I have used this site plenty of times since I created an account over a decade ago and I figured its about time to contribute something to the forum in return.

Plans for this C10 is to clean off the 53 years of dust and crud stuck to everything and slap some fresh paint on, upgrade to disc brakes all around, new steering components, new suspension bushings, 3” drop in the rear, 2" drop spindles in the front, vintage air A/C under the dash, relocate gas tank to the rear, and replace the motor and TH350 with a 454 and Monster built 700R4.

Thanks for looking and following along.
Attached Images

2003 Tahoe Stock
1985 K5 5.3LS/4L60E|8Lug 4:56|3/4 Ton Front|14BFF Rear|Roll Cage|Dove-tailed & Bobbed
loudchevy is offline   Reply With Quote