View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 10:23 PM   #1
lutronjim

State Farm road assistance sucks and broken.

Pardon rant

I was going to NC from Atlanta going merrily alone ga400 when my truck shut off. Coasted to a turnoff ramp.

I tried to call State Farm road service and waited and waited for operator. I don't remember details but I got a Voice response system which answered with a menu that 1 was for a tow. Pressed 1 and it said it was an invalid response after several tries it took it. It then said I would receive a text message with a link and would use GPS to get my location. I got the message and clicked the link. It brought up a web page and I navigated to a page that had an icon to click for a tow. I clicked and it went away - no response.

I thought that odd and called back and suffered through the long wait to get a person. She checked and, sure enough, no record. She said she would set it up and wanted a mile marker - could not see one but I knew the name of street where I was off Ga 400. It took her a long time to finally find my location.

I got a text message from the system that gave me wrecker company and appox wait time of 1 to 1 3/4 hours damn - at least I was where there was some shade - many storm clouds but just sprinkles.

After 2 hours I looked up wrecker co number and dialed - Version said bad number redial. Called girl friend and she got same result on ll.

Called agent got admen and she would look into it. I waited quite a while and called back and got agent and said to cancel I would get my own wrecker.

While I was waiting again I kept getting system text msgs and finally a real person called and said he was working on it but the wrecker co wasn't answering phone. This seemed to me a lie maybe because it was disconnected . I told him don't bother I might get a lawyer.

If you happen to need a wrecker near Dawsonvile Ga - call K&K 706-429-0277. Prompt service, great equipment and reasonable.
lutronjim is offline   Reply With Quote