View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 10:11 AM   #25
mr.mud1

Re: State Farm road assistance sucks and broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Friends just used AAA this last week end ,, travel trailer tire blew out . it was a Sunday and ,,AAA took care of it and found a place for a tire and wheel and got them on the road again in around 3 hours .

I think I heard that if you have AAA and are in another vehicle owned not by you ,,they still will take care of you by way of a pull to a garage that can fix the problems you are having (road side service )
yes sir,you guys are correct.i retired from CAA a litle over a year ago,CAA is the Canadian version of your AAA.these stories about poor service are hard to read,worse to go through.CAA/AAA keep stats on everything,that's why you usually get a survey after you've received service.it's all broken down into clubs,CAA Atlantic where i worked is one of them,AAA Texas or Auto Club of So Cal or CAA Ontario and on and on.there are over a 100 of these "clubs" and they use those stats for lots of purposes but they develop a scoring of all the clubs in North America and come up with a ranking.i'm proud that we were always in the top 10 on the continent and twice during the years i worked there,# 1.one of the benefits,as mentioned,you can be a member and travelling with someone who isn't,in their car or truck,have it break down and the member can call for service and we would come help.your coverage also covers you anywhere in North America.you can be from Ohio,as was the case with friends of ours,here travelling around Nova Scotia on the Harley's.my friend's bike with the new at that time,fly by wire throttle,broke down on the Cabot Trail.we limped back to the hotel we were staying at for the night.he was a AAA member,called CAA for help,they sent a deck truck and took my buddy Bob,his wife and broken bike to the Harley dealer which was several hours away.repairs made,never cost a nickle.on the road again.i had a case a couple years ago when a call came across the radio about a priority call for a child locked in a car and it was August and a 100 degree's,i asked where it was,i wasn't far so told the dispatcher to put the call on me and i headed that way.when the call arrived on my screen,i recognized the member's name.when i arrived,my buddy,who was this guys neighbour, ran down to the truck,another guy was running around the yard having a fit.my buddy Brian explained to me what was going on.the guy put the kid in the baby seat in a brand new Buick rental from Enterprise.he went around to get in the car,it was locked.he called his wife who was a cop,she was on the way home to get in the car one way or the other.my friend heard the commotion,came over to see,called CAA after the guy called Enterprise to see what they could do for him,nothing.they called On-Star cause they can unlock the car with a push of a button on the keyboard back at the call center,in Texas i think it is but they wouldn't cause Enterprise didn't buy the On-Star service.they told him,if he wanted to buy the On-Star service,they'd unlock the car??i was in the car in 10 or 15 seconds,momma pulled into the yard in her cruiser just in time to see her baby get out of the car.everybody was fine.i never had CAA until i went to work there,now i wouldn't be without out.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote