View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 06:13 PM   #25
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Seem to have kinda got Photobucket back to working again.

Only owned this truck a week and a half and it really is feeing like this is a keeper, possibly why it was on my bucket list, and being as it took this long to get the right basic specs for my personal preference list, it makes me happy.

So we start with some of the “needs fixing” items.

Came with only one ignition key.
Went to Timpson and helpful guy says yup, I cam Mel one, it’s £75.00 of course I bite my tongue not to laugh, saying it does not have a chip, just need to open the door, Ohhh he says, that will be £15.00
So I walked out, I will find a half a brick when I need it.
Got to be a cheaper option somewhere.

So I headed home planning on watching something random on the telly and drinking by lunch time.

First I had to add this little aerial topper like a football player, silly but satisfying.

The Marmite dash in fake wood, it’s staying.
So why post it in the faults section?

No heating, no aircon, just a blower. So that needs to be investigated and repaired.

Maybe the unit in the Blazer from the same era will work as an easy repair, once we figure what has died.

As possibly not yet mentioned, the front seat setup acts as an occasional three seater, along with a lap belt for that passenger.
The armrest is also a storage space, and flips out the way when in use.
They are known to be fragile.

When you open it, the whole top is cracked up, but that’s an easy one to replicate in aluminium and fit in there to retain support.

Next problem is the rear tailgate handle.

Plastic inner to the chrome has a broken tab(s) a $5.00 part, hopefully I will order one to replace it.

So when I got home, I ended up deciding to go it and wash one wheel and tyre. Just to calm my conscience.

I also decided to wash the suspension lowering bits that came with the truck, clean is good.

Before.

After

Of course typically, wash one wheel, became maybe wash the truck first and then do the wheels, one by one.

Sally took a pic as she popped over to watch some recorded telly.

Thanks I am mad, washing the car in 4’C weather with intermittent rain nd wind.

So the car washing took about an hour, because I was giving it some attention.

I did not realise that I was actually going to wash it again on Sunday, as I realised the door rubbers, undersides and some hidden grooves needed some pressure cleaning and a brush or two.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote