View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #26
thelonerife

Re: LFD's How-To "PorterBuilt Hood Hinges"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
Now for the changes I would like to see Nate make or do and after talking with him tonight it looks like he will be doing all of them.

1) Is to enlarge the holes in the hood mounting plate about 3/32" to avoid any problem screwing the bolts in.

2) To provide the template needed for marking out the cowl bolts and slots on the face. You will still be on your own for the 2 bottom bolts in to the cabin and the opening of the cowl top to fit the boxes.

3) Pre mark all the pieces with a P (passenger side) or a D (driver side) just so their is less of a chance to make a mistake as you are rushing to get this done.

4) Provide (4) shims with the kit for hood adjustment (2) 1/8" and (2) 1/16" same shape as the mounting plate but with larger holes.

5) Maybe include some mock up hardware so you can save the SS for final assembly. This one he does not know about yet but it would be great at least for the hood to arm connection because this is the easiest part to mess up a SS bolt and ruin the threaded plate causing some big nightmares.

Just to clarify none of these changes are needed but knowing how anal Nate is with his quality I knew he would want my feed back to make it even better of a kit (if that is even possible)!

So if you have any questions or need other pics just ask!

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Were these changes added to the ones being sold now?
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote