View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 10:11 AM   #34
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super 20 on the way home

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I like this. I have finally accepted that I will continue to buy and hold, like you're supposed to do with stocks. There's more to this mindset than meets the eye, and I don't have to justify it to anybody.

If you aren't too far from the province to province border, I wonder if you can go there and find out if they will pass the vehicle through by itself. Then all you need to do is find a forum member to pick it up from the broker and drive it across New Brunswick and hand it off. A long shot maybe, but not unheard of. Especially if you have some parts they need
hi,thanks.this little village i live in,Joggins,Nova Scotia is about 35 minutes or so from the New Brunswick border,then it's another 4 1/2 or 5 hours,give or take across New Brunswick to Calais at the Maine/New Brunswick border,where my truck is.it won't last long,maybe another week or 2 but right now, i can't get into NB,that border is closed and even though you can fire a rock across the bridge from Canada to the US,it might as well be a 1000 miles across that bridge.someone has to present the truck to US customs so they can verify the VIN before it leaves,then present all the paperwork to Canada customs.the broker doing my paperwork says they use a tow truck guy right there on the NB side,to go over,get the vehicle,stop at US,then Canada customs,then once on the CDN side,if i'm there.i get the truck,head for home.with everything shutdown,i can't get through NB ,and if i could,i can't get into the US,and the other side of the coin, someone from the US can't get to Canada.only essential travel is allowed,truckers,front line workers,people who live in NB and work in Maine,or live in Maine,work in NB can get back and forth but that's it.Calais,Maine and St Stephen,NB,the 2 little towns right there at the border have a deal in place for about 100 years where both fire services respond to fire,regardless of what side of the line,the fire may be at.i think there was something on the news a while ago,where the border folks were giving fire fighters going back and forth,a hard time??it shouldn't be so hard to get something done but right now,it seems to be with covid.my plan isn't all that difficult,if NB was open?it'll work out.i'm retired now but spent 35 years trucking and the last few years working for CAA,the Canadian version of AAA so i have lots of connections to the trucking and tow truck business.i let some folks know,if they had space or an empty truck near Calais,i'd pay for the space and get my truck here or closer?we'll get'er done.can't wait.

Last edited by mr.mud1; 05-01-2021 at 10:23 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote