View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 08:05 PM   #109
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

Another brief update today after a trip up to the metal shop and the paint shop. Some good solid progress to see at both shops, and I always have so much fun seeing the truck and talking with the guys doing the work. As we get closer to the two year mark on this build, I can honestly say that all the guys have become close friends.

Here's a pile of the custom exhaust pieces, waiting to go out for jet-hot coating. You can see the headers and the loooong Porter mufflers that I think are going to have just a great sound. Can't wait to hear them!

Tiny little detail here, but a nice touch. Added about a quarter inch to the bottom of the drip rail so that it meets the cab instead of just ending in an unfinished edge. This might not be the best design for daily use because this could collect moisture easier, but Marvin probably won't be seeing all that much rain anymore. Definitely going to drive him, just not too much in inclement weather, haha!

I am so excited about this! The valance under the dash has been finished. This valance serves a few purposes - mainly to provide a nice spot for the A/C vents and hide the portion of the VintageAir A/C unit that hangs down under the dash. The steering column will go right through a hole in the valance that hasn't been cut yet. This will also hide the aftermarket column drop bracket, which is nice. Ignition switch and cigarette lighter will also live in this piece.

I think it looks great - the guys at the shop did an amazing job! They kept the vertical beads that were present in that little center dash piece and I think made this part look like it maybe could have come this way from the factory.

continued...

Last edited by torchlight; 08-11-2014 at 08:15 PM.
torchlight is offline   Reply With Quote