View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 09:39 PM   #23
Peepaw

Re: 72 C10 SWB LSx Build, truck with no name

OK, got tailights/brake lights and all the new sockets/lens mounted for the rear (yes, I checked them again before I started to tidy it all up, LOL).

I started cleaning up the interior wiring. I redid ignition switch, head light switch, the "U" connector under steering column.
I am rebuilding steering column while I have it apart now, so awaiting new bearing and parts. I am redoing all of the cluster lights and as well, and Ive got a new backing for the instrument cluster as well. Im not sure what you call that, but its the film that attaches to cluster and has circuit board stuff built into it...again, Im not an electrical guy, LOL.
Once I get to a stopping point, Im going to hop under hood and finish wiring for headlights and turn signals.
I am going to have access for my fuses/relays/Terminator X all behind the glove box so I am going to build a baracket/mount for those next once I have the wiring where I need it.

To get the truck back on the road by my goal date of My 2022, the body work and a little bit of rot will have to wait so I can focus on getting it riding and driving.
Yeah, I know, the body work really should come first, but since Im NOT a bodywork guy either, that would slow this roll, BIG time. I want the truck with no name running by her birthday of May 1972/2022

I did have some questions for you guys.

I am running a LSx based motor, is single turbo now, but header interferes with stock vacuum booster. I dont want manual brakes.
Leaving me 1 of 2:
1)hydroboost
2)relocate brake pedal to floor mount and master cylinder under the floor.

I am thinking of leaning hydrioboost. You guys that have done that swap.
Pros? Cons? Would you do it again? Just have lines made up????