View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 06:50 PM   #584
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Let's hope it works. Those burrs surprise me, I would of figured they would be cleaned up before being sold.
Me too, Dale. One of my best buds owned a precision machine shop and he always said you can tell the quality of a shop by the way they deburr their parts.

No luck so far getting the car to the tuner. Not entirely sure he wants to mess with it. We had a nice day yesterday, but he said one of his racing buddies needed some work done so he gave away my spot. Decided to go ahead and drive it home now that the trans problem is pretty much sorted. It handled and rode great on the drive home, but once I got into stop and go traffic, the temp gauge crept up above 200+. When I got home, I popped the hood with the engine still running only to find the fans weren't working. Pulled the relay module today and found a bad connection. But while I was at it, I rewired the relays for a conventional two relay setup. Now each relay operates a single fan at full speed rather than both at half or full speed like before. One less gizmo to fail somewhere down the road. The radius work I did on the IAC openings seemed to help a bit. I still need to tape over the unused vacuum port and see if that quiets it down even more.

HRE was unable to get the AC system to hold vacuum. They traced the problem to the seal around the compressor shaft. They ordered a new compressor from Vintage Air but I'll need to set it up in the mill to remove one of the mounting ears. It's in the way of the block that attaches to the fittings with the service ports. Glad I decided to do it myself as the labor is free.

They left the line pressure gauge taped to the windshield for the drive home. They want it on there when it eventually gets to the tuner. There's still a small amount of flutter in the pressure in 1,2 and 3 but it's a steady 200 psi in overdrive. They ended up putting an extra quart and a half in it to get the pressures to settle down. Prior to that the needle on the gauge was all over the map. Most of the trans settings in the program are defaults, so I'm hoping the guy doing the tuning can make it even better.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote