View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 07:00 PM   #11
LynnB

Re: WTB 1972 350 4x4 Exhaust Manifolds 3989036

I have a serviceable pair that came off a 1972 C50. I am putting the engine and trans in my 49 Studebaker farm truck, and can't used these manifolds (well, I could use the right side, but prefer to make them match, so I am using some different log style. Would rather use these, but the left one interferes with my steering box.

I think the number you cited is a 1970 number. Don't believe it was used in 1972, but I am not a manifold expert by any means, and could be wrong.

The ones I have are drilled for smog, but the holes have been plugged. I don't know for a fact they are original the C50. One is 386711, which is for certain a 1972 number, but I didn't see a casting number on the other one. They look alike. Don't know about truck usage, but that number was used on both sides of a 1972 Corvette with the LT-1. One broken stud. I haven't tried pulling it. I don't think I even soaked it with penetrating oil. Either it will come out or you end up drilling and tapping.

I can send you pics, or post them here. PM me if you want me to send pics to an email address.

$100 plus actual shipping for the pair.
LynnB is offline   Reply With Quote