View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #53
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: Project 67 DRGNWGN - 67 Burban!!

little update. i started on my other rear lower quarter panel yesterday. on this side i figured i would do it a little different. on the driver side i used a long base bed side panel because i didnt need an entire quarter panel. so this side i bought the whole thing since i needed it anyways. i also decided to use some rust converter this time around, unlike the other side. which is ok though because i decided i might cut out the entire rear floor anyways, so i can still repair the driver side if i needed to. anyways, here a few pics after a few hours of work...

some genius thought it would be good to make a "custom" hitch, and they also welded the bottom of the bumper across the top of the hitch, so i had to cut that off. i will cut off the hitch later, but i need to find a bumper anyways so its gonna stay for now...

here is the cutout with some dupli color rust fix, then followed by some krylon rust tough enamel...

im not sure if all the replacement parts include the reverse light mounting piece, but mine didnt. so i had to cut it out of the old piece, then weld it in on the new piece. i welded it in on the back side, then sprayed the rust fix then rust tough enamel, just to be sure.

then i lined it up the best way i thought looked good, then tacked a few spots in.

i will try to go back tomorrow and tack some more...i have to figure out something around the tailight area body line. the new sheet metal is more boxier than the original, so i have to fix that before fully welding it in.

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]

Last edited by kev2809; 11-28-2009 at 05:51 PM.
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote