View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 07:04 AM   #1
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Another header fitment question, but a little different I swear!

I am getting to the point where I will soon be ready to start collecting parts for my V8 swap. I really want to put my Olds 350 "Rocket" engine into my pickup, and at the same time keep my original 4 speed transmission. I really want to run long tube headers (have run long tubes on lowered cars for years, don't care about clearance), and had planned on using a set for a 68-72 Olds A-body (Cutlass) to work on that olds engine. From all I could see, and the measurements I can take (have access to a '68 Cutlass, no headers though), the headers would fit fine with the frame, cab, and chassis. My question is this: looking at the clutch linkage, it appears that the "z-bar" may be in the path of the header tubes. I have read elsewhere that longtube headers (SBC applications for these trucks) normally clear the "z-bar" just fine, does anyone here know if my A-body Olds headers would clear as well? My engine came with a Olds bell-housing pattern TH-350 that I can rebuild if I have to, but I would really like to keep the 4-speed, and it would be nice to have a little more info before I go chasing parts. Thanks guys.
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote