View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 05:08 PM   #8
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: 17 y/o needing advice from the truck legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmon1123 View Post
It runs and drives, But it's beat up, the cab whistles down the highway, It's got holes, and even though they are smaller than a dime, they still bug me. I want something pretty with a touch of rugged. I want something I can bring to a drive in with my girl. Technically I could with my current one, with it running good, but I wouldn't be satisfied with the overall condition. I don't need a show truck, but I at least want a pretty one. Right now, the interior is ratty, torn up, mouse poop, all the good stuff. I want something that looks straight out of the era it was made. No, it doesn't have to be pristine, I think a little wear is good for the soul, but not to the extent my Bonanza has. It could look gorgeous if it were in the hands of a man who had the tools and knowledge, but I just don't have all that yet.

Very cool truck by the way, I love the door art.
Make the interior nice. New carpet and a new seat cover can go a long way. You can do things as you get $, new/used dash pad, door panels, etc. All affordable stuff that will make driving it a lot better. Then maybe move on to things like rebuilding the suspension, new shocks, etc.

My truck looked like it did the in black pic for over 10 years. By 2005 she was looking pretty ratty and worn down, had a bunch of dime sized rust bubbles/holes coming back, but it still ran/drove well.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote