Thread: Header help
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #4
Fitz
Account Suspended

Re: Header help

Quote:
Originally Posted by papsoldblue72 View Post
I need some different headers..... What kind???? I don't know please help.... I have a 72 long bed with a 350 and angle plug heads.... Which is where my problem comes in.... The headers I bought from summit don't fit.... The driver side number 3 cylinder hits the sparkplug.... I have looked into header plugs but they are only short on the threaded part not the porcelain part..... "Why you make header plugs to clear your headers and the outside part not be shorter I'll never know..." If anyone has some they want to get rid of or knows someone that does please let me know .... I need some but I don't want spend a fortune on them...... Thanks in advance....
When I bought the engine for my truck there were fewer than 500 of that engine that had been sold by GM. It was unusual block with a different head design and no one I called knew what headers to use. I did know a header manufacturer that had an excellent tech line, so I called them. They had a set that would fit and I have not had any problems with them. Ever. Call the Sanderson Headers tech line, tell them what motor and heads you are running and if there is a set that fits that combo they will know about it.
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote