View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #7
jtj143

Re: 99 Suburban Parting Out

Hi Ironhorse, Thanks for your interest!

Both mirrors are good. The passenger side visor is missing the mirror cover and one vanity light lens.

The cloth is not torn, but very dirty.

The grey piece is for color reference.

Driver's side visor

Damaged hinge

passenger side

The driver's side visor has a bit of 'graffiti'. If the driver were to look up over his head at the roof, on the sunvisor he would see faint letters on the visor. The letters themselves are not too bad, but the sequence causes them to become quite vulgar. The letters are only noticed because of a difference in texture from the rest of the cloth. The visor cloth is a bit fuzzy, and the letters are smooth. I don't believe that the letters will clean off. I think that the fabric is permanently damaged. Perhaps done with a lighter? The cloth is not burned, but maybe scarred? The photo does not show the blemish very well, but I would be hesitant to use the drivers visor without it being re-covered.

You are correct, it is $20 for the set, plus shipping.
'65 GMC Suburban 4X4, '71 GMC 4X4 LWB - The Yellow Eyed Monster, '86 C10 Silverado - Oldest Daughter's Pickup, '88 S15 GMC Work Truck, '95 GMC SLE 4X4 - Second Daughter's Truck, '99 K1500 GMC Suburban Road Trip Machine, 2000 C2500 W/T Utility Bed Work Truck, '03 Silverado - Wife's Grocery Getter
jtj143 is offline   Reply With Quote