View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 10:49 AM   #118
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: Not another build thread! Progress on my '67

Yup, I did have trouble installing the trim. I don't know what the "originals" looked like because by the time I got my old painted grill pieces off a few months ago (that I sold to a board member) the clips basically decintegrated (sp?) and broke to pieces. My trim came from The Truck Shop and they use "counterparts" for their repop stuff. I thought they were a little on the "cheap" side as well as the headlight bezels. I don't know what the genious who made the new clips was thinking, but mine came with these huge black nuts that were supposed to go on the backside of the grill???? NO WAY!!! They were about 3X too wide!!! I went to a local hardware store (I brought a clip with me) and found small nuts that fit on them. There was no way the others would have worked Also, if you have the same clips I do, there is a curved hooked side and a longer straight stick with a little 90 degree bend on it. The curved area ALWAYS goes to the inside of the grill (the thicker, wider area). I pushed this end in first, then pushed the cresent shaped bolt part in, then you have to push the long straight piece in. You can slide them to where they need to go, but they don't move easily, so I put my trim piece up to the grill each time I installed one so I didnt' have to move it much. I would also use a socket on one of them screwdriver things because an actual wratchet to "too much" for these little bolts.

Hoped I've helped more than confused, and once again, yes, they are a pain in the butt to install
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote