View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 10:59 AM   #54
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: NOT so EZ wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2809 View Post
ya, some of the wires are off from factory. this kit is a little "too" universal, but the wires are all clearly marked. i was able to get the column wired up from digging around on different diagrams and adapter kits for these. now obviously i wont know 1 thousand percent until i test them...but they should be right. This is true.

but anyways, what makes this install a little more interesting is the fact im using an ls engine and not a stock small block...so (im assuming) a lot of these ez wire power wires under the hood either don't get used, or will run to something else to power.

if there is no coil, no hei, no choke..these should not be used, right?
You can't use the oem wires for those functions because the PCM has to be used to control them.

im assuming the alternator is controlled by the pcm (its also wired in the stand alone ls harness), then the alternator power and exciter wire should also not be used?
I would use the wiring for the alternator (not PCM), because I think it is mor reliable than the controls in the PCM. You should post on the LS swap forum and get a better opinion. I would only use the PCM wiring for the engine controls IGN, fuel feed, and any sensor connections that you have to have for it to run. Possibly temperature gauge if you are keeping the Ls gauge. You will have to figure out how to wire the stock gauges with the extra wires I.E. temperature gauge and fuel quantity from the EZ wiring kit.

which would only leave me solenoid power, and ignition switch power (from the ez wire truck harness)? See above

i appreciate all your help with getting this squared away..if you need any pictures i could post them. like i said, it makes things a little challenging using the ls motor
Pictures are always good.

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote