View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #45
jaros44sr

Re: Project "It's a Jimmy Thing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH Jimmy View Post
Thanks for the compliments!

The roll over vent came with the fuel pump hanger which i got from Tanks Inc. I also got the Walbro pump and level sender from them as well. If i was going to do it again i would either find a pump hanger that was a little higher quality or build my own. I am sure that it will work fine but the flange part that mounts down to the tank is a little thin and flimsy and the lines are just soldered in to it.

I have never used the Russell SS stuff before but i have heard horror stories about it. The proclassic hose is just rubber hose with a fabric braid around it. It will not rub on the frame or other painted surfaces and take paint off. It will fray if you are not careful when you cut it. I wrapped teflon tape around where i was going to make the cut and then i cut through the center of the teflon tape with what i call "reed" cutters. Then took the rest off the teflon tape back off of the hose and installed the ends. The reason i used teflon tape is because it is not sticky so when i pulled it back off it would not unravel the fabric braid. I hope that this makes sense.

ok, i will have to search for the rollover vent, my 2002 f body fuel pump should be coming in tomorrow

i have plans to use a nickle/copper fuel hard line, should be easier to work with. and thanks for the tip on the teflon tape. im guessing that proclassic is ok to use for FI?

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote