View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 08:19 PM   #79
RThree

Re: '72 K/30 Longhorn Conversion

Alright so its been a while again but we have some updates.

First off I got some SWEET new TAWNKAA plates for the truck. I know there yellow and black and they are not year correct but they match the color scheme of the truck.

Also got some new shoes! Went with 17" Mickey Thompson Classics (1st Gen) i found on CL and mounted my 35" x 12.5 BFG KM2s on them. Love the more classic look it gives.

Got a new premium floor mat installed with more sound deadening which has helped a lot with the road noise, got the kit from LMC and i am really happy with it! Now i just need a to get my transfer case shifter bracket made for the 205 to NV4500, i dont like what Advanced Adapter makes so i am making my own.

I found some 6" KC lights for the roll bar, but Im still looking for the classic Yellow cover with the black KC logo to match the color scheme.

Scored a set of original Longhorn badges for the bed and used double sided gorilla tape to hold them on which has worked really well!

And finally I got to enter my first carshow! Peggy Sues Cruise in Santa Rosa which was a blast and now has me more addicted.

OHHHHH yeah... i also picked up Tawnkaa a little brother. 1970 C10 Longbed but that is a different thread.
Attached Images

- 1972 K20 Longhorn, 4wd conversion. "TAWNKAA" Project. 292ci Inline 6 / '93 NV4500 / 32 spline 205 TC / Dana 60s front & back / rear Detroit Locker / 4.10 Gears / 35" BFG MT KM2 / 4" Tuff Country lift. "TAWNKAA"Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=6823933
- 1970 C10 Lonbed, 292ci Inline 6, 3 on the tree, stock.
RThree is offline   Reply With Quote