View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #220
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
2 thumbs up!!
Thanks, Mike, hope the rat is staying out of the weather. Having lived in Woodinville, I know this time of year is the pits when you have limited space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
MAAAN! I have some catching up to do. Looks incredible, Vic!
Thanks, John! Can't wait to see how your new shop gets set up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
The bullets came out nice. I like the divider work too. It's looking great!
Thanks, Dale, won't be long until I'm slingin' mud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Hello Vic, I'm Chris. And as of now, I have read all of your threads. Thank you for the effort you make to take pictures and tell us about your projects with all of the ups and downs. With regard to your post above, I now think about suiting up with PPE as a little like gearing up like gearing up for combat. Not to make any comparison to actually going to war, as many of our members here have served, but to think of the appropriateness of suiting up with the proper items as vital to the process. A sort of uniform for the work. It helps push away the "I wonder if I look silly right now" thought and replaces it with "I'm set up to get the job done". Much of that has come out from my experience with communicating the need for self-preservation in construction.

And since I'm just getting caught up, I also wanted to say that I hope and pray for the best for you and your wife through your medical difficulties. I assume that your vision has stabilized, and it sounds like your wife is a trooper and working through the medical treatments well. A little awkward to say all that, but it's well-meant and I hope you guys are blessed through Christmas and the New Year. Thanks again for making the effort to share your projects.
Hey Chris, thanks very much for your kind words, means a lot to me. 2019 is almost in the books and we're ready to turn the page. Kathy's most recent scan was 100% clear and she's already planning road trips for next year. So with all that in the rearview mirror, we can focus on getting the wagon done and ready for the road.

I'm trying to keep caught up on this thread without posting too much stuff that isn't newsworthy. The reason for the pictures is because I learn new stuff the best when I can see it. If someone tries to explain something to me verbally, it doesn't seem to sink in. But if you give me a demo, that's all I need to get started.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote