View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 11:19 AM   #130
dsraven

Re: 1958 Apache Big Window Loooooong Bed "Lucky"

sometimes, when doing wiring rework like that, I use those velcro tie wraps. then they are easily undone if you rethink someting or when it comes time for loom. also, think about the tape you use when doing junctions or whatever. some is really pliable and some isn't. the pliable stuff works well at the "T" type intersections but I usuallyy like to pull it tight so it sticks well but cut it off instead of yanking on it hard so it breaks, that way there is an end to find if needed later and the wiring doesn't get deformed as you pull tight. split loom is ok for stuff with wiring connectors already on the ends but I like to use the chinese finger trap style stuff if possible, that means taking the connectors apart or installing them after the loom is on. I have used the flexible air brake line for loom before on heavy duty equipment where water concerns are a factor. there are waterproof junction boxes available. that is extra weight for the everyday vehicle though. those home wiring style connections where they use a rubber gasket and a nut to tighten down on the wires work well for bulkhead connectors, especially for battery cable into a box or whatever. they are plastic and have a pipe thread on the other end of the fitting.
nice work on the wiring and great idea for the brake master cyl reservoir. will the seat allow access once installed?
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote