Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 02:48 AM   #369
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Congrats on getting the motor in. Now slap some fenders on and lets go for a ride.
You know how slow I am. You'll probably beat me at getting a running truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
Looks awesome. Good motivation for me even though I am way behind you. I'm going in the opposite direction. Just pulled both of mine out.

Bret
Thanks man. It's been a long time coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
I don't know how I missed this great thread all this time.

One question though. Earlier in the thread you said you didn't know what ratio your rearend was. How did the transmission man set up your 700R4 speedo gears without knowing what ratio you're running ? The only reason I point this out is that it would be easier to deal with that issue now, rather than later when the trans is full of fluid and you're having to crawl under there and swap speedo gears to get it right.
Thanks for looking in. At the time of ordering the trans I wasn't sure what I had for a rear end so I had them put a speedo gear based on a 4:11 rear. Since then I discovered that the rear is a 3:73. The trans shop said they would swap me when I knew for sure what I had but I had forgot that until you mentioned it so thanks for saving me a hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Engine and Trans at home...
Thanks, Don.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulter View Post
that engine and trans looks right at home man!!! it looking good man keep it up
Thanks for the encouragement, man

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
That engine and trans look like they are meant to be in there! Man that looks sharp! Great work!
Thanks T.J. If you get a chance to get to Portland/Gresham you'll have to stop by.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote