View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #18
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: The new member of the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharrison1 View Post
Did you have this truck at the automobilia show last night?I think i saw it if not it was just like yours.
YES, it was at Automobilia, last night. It was sitting beside my son's red 86 SWB, on the West end of the show. There was also a black and silvefr 78 Indianappolis 500 Pace Car Vette sitting there.

I confess, I did not have time to do the drop myself, this time. I was working 5 nights on and 1 night off, for the last 100 + days doint the refueling outage at the Wolf Creek power plant. I had a friend of mine in Emporia Ks. do the work in his Sport Truck shop.

It is a McGaughy's drop kit. 5" front and 7" in the rear. The frame has been 'C' notched and the axle flipped. I believe they lifted the bed to do the work. The kit also changes the front springs to get the drop and to change the response rate. We changed the tires onit to get another 1" drop andadd the clearance for the front wheel wells.

Quore:

I went to the chevy dealership to check out a regular cab short bed with a 5.3, nice but basic options, 17" rims...Couldent believe the price was 28k...Thats 5k more then I paid for my new ex cab sierra loaded back in 2008. I guess those new 6 speed transmissions jacked the price up way too much. Maybe the unions

I did a search for GMC trucks and the dealer that I purchased my 09 G8 from found this truck on the net. It came with the 20" chrome rims, a 3.42 limited slip gear set, 5.3 with a 6 speed auto for what I thought to be a fair price. After my discounts from the company that I work with, the extra $1000.00 for purchasing the G8 ear;lier and the GM rebates, I got into this one for about $21,000. I put some down and had no trade-in.

Last edited by piecesparts; 07-10-2011 at 09:59 PM.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote