Thread: 47-59 i give up. i need help.
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 07:05 PM   #1
evilokc

i give up. i need help.

i have a 53 chevy with an EZ wiring harness. i didnt install the wiring which was a big mistake. you cant trust anyone anymore. the issue is the brake lights. they have been working for years and now they dont. the lights themselves are LED with the tail ,brake, and turn all using the same leds. the tail lights still light up. the turn signals still work but when i hit the brake nothing happens. my first thought was brake switch. i tested it with a power light and its good. not believeing it i replaced it anyway with a new one that tested good but still no brake lights. at the rear light plug there are two wires per side. one for power the other for turn signal. with the tail lights on the power wire has power. with the turn signal on they both have power. push the brake and both wires lose power. the tech line said to check the wires from the steering column to the brake switch and its good. then they said check brake switch and its good. then they said if both of those are good then you have brake lights. i dont though. im out of ideas. ive started pulling the two wires out of the loom the whole length of the harness to see if i can find anything. since they have power individually i cant imagine what i would find? the only thing i can think to do that i havent is to run two new wires from the fuse panel to the brake light plug to see what happens. again since eveything has power i dont know what im expecting to be different. ideas would be greatly appreciated. this has gone on far to long.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote