View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #1
79K5er

New project, looking for some info!

Hey guys, I'm the proud new owner of a 1979 Chevrolet K5 Blazer Cheyenne. It hasn't been tagged since 2003, hasn't moved since 05, and hasn't ran since 2007, up until I made it fire before I put my deposit down. It's a 350/350th/NP203/10 Bolt/12 Bolt. Gorgeous truck! Only rust besides the undercarriage is the front of the hood and a little spot on the driver door where the paint chipped. No body damage, even the bumpers are straight, will has the body line trim! I scored a great deal on her too.

The engine will need a rebuild, so I'm seeking info on Chevy K series 350 truck engines. It has a cat and an egr, but no smog pump or air injection . I want to know what's factory and then I can go from there on upgrades. I didn't look the carb over but I'm guessing it's a quadrajet? I have built 350's and 454's in the past, I just want to use the right parts from the getgo for this engine. Anything any of you have to share would be a big help! Oh, and in case you guys were curious, she's bone stock, and once she's running driving and registered again, she's going to be getting some DIY4X goodies

I'll post back with some pictures later tonight.

Anyways, as I said, anything you have to offer would be much appreciated guys! Thank you!
79K5er is offline   Reply With Quote