View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #6
jb4short
Damn Yankee

Re: Project: Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcburdic View Post
Okay...I guess you may be wondering why I call it the 'Mistress'....so at this point I met my further wife (got married Nov. 2005).....And of course you know like I do women require some of our attention too....Well it seemed I gave this project truck a little more at times so she dub it my "Mistress"...and of course the name stuck.....
Now....got the frame to the sandblasters for some work, and in the mean time we stripped the motor down to the block (we felt that the way it had run prior to disassembly, that it was in pretty good shape) so we cleaned up the block, gave it some new gaskets, fuel pump, harmonic balancer, and paint along with some other various small tweaks....
The last couple pics show my bro painting the frame....used a couple coats of Eastwood's chassis black....( frame came primed w/ rust inhabitor from the blasters)....
Great start! Trust me though....no one that's built one had any doubt about why you named it mistress. Neither did the wife of any member that's built one.
jb4short is offline   Reply With Quote