View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 10:19 AM   #7
old51sedan

Re: Holley Carb adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
I suggest modifying the '68 accelerator push rod set up to '72 style cable throttle. I ran the old push/pull rod for a long time but it was cr@ppy. Linkages came loose, small bits fell off, it even iced up once in the mountains. Too much of a Rube Goldberg. I changed to a cable and it was never smoother. And you can mount your carb in any orientation you want.
This is the cable I used. A GM cable/gas pedal assembly off a '71/'72 truck was used in the cab.
I used a Jeg's throttle return spring to retract the spring on the engine side. [A big screendoor spring to the brake master cylinder was ruled out as too Retro-Jethro].
I'm looking for an adapter so that the carb will face the front of the truck. Are the offenhauser manifolds set up so that all brands of carbs have to fit sideways? I was thinking that I would be better off running a cable instead of the old linkage, I appreciate the picture of the cable. Do I have to buy a different manifold brand if They don't make an adapter or have a new adapter made?
old51sedan is offline   Reply With Quote