View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 09:40 AM   #42
ChevyGuyNC

Re: Thoughts on keeping truck original or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
I've tried to stay original myself but there are a few things that I drifted on, without a second thought (well other than the 134a A/C conversion).
  1. I'm keeping the buddy seats that the previous owner put in and the Rally's too LOL.
  2. Points for electronic distributor, though it does look mostly stock (not a HEI distributor).
  3. My brother tried to keep the A/C original but it was cheaper just switch to R134a (I'm still sad about this but its done). But I guess my 350 is happier with the new compressor...
  4. Light bulbs to LED. I want to see and people to see me at night. I'd say this is my worse offender.
  5. Lap belts for shoulder belts.
  6. External windshield washer pump
  7. Cowl Screen
  8. Radio, though it kind of looks stock especially when I flip the digital display to analog.

I think that is all that has been changed from when it came from the factory or at least what was possible to have come from factory. I'm not counting the Side Mount tire, glovebox light/lock add-ons :-)

Personally, it is what you are comfortable doing to your truck and does it make you happy and all smiley ;-)

This guy gives me and anyone around me smiles!

That's a beautiful truck!!

Mine was already converted to 134A, and I am thinking to swap the points out for electronic. Not sure about LED's... Yes for illumination, but just more obviously not original. I also want to eventually get the tank out of the cab and under the bed but I don't want a bed fil or tail light / side marker light fill. Seen videos about using 69 F Body tanks and fill behind the license plate. That appeals because it's not obvious, and also the flip down plate was common back in the day.