View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 04:00 PM   #35
MikeB

Re: Who builds the best 700R4 today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpackv8sonly View Post
I have found out through a few phone calls that we do infact have a transmission guy here in town now that is doing the 700R4. Talked to him on the phone and plan on stopping by after work. Just hope it's not a waist of time and money. What worries me is after I told him what I have, he feels it's just a stock rebuild for me with a few extra parts needing to be beefed up.
That may very well be the case. Ask him which specific parts will be stronger than stock. Also, I'd ask him questions such as, "Why does the 700R4 have such a bad rep?" And, "How do you adjust the TV cable?"
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote