View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #161
beaugranbois

Re: 1992 GMC Sierra K1500 Shortwide Z71 Conversion

Hey Dub. Great build, I also enjoyed your burb to crew build. I'm sure that you know but the Z71 package is nothing more than shocks, steel skid plates and a sticker. I've talked to quite a few people and did a bunch os resource about this, because I have a Z71 thats my parts truck. Some people say they have a locking diff and higher suspension but I talked to a guy from our Chevy garage here and he said that they are all just different options that can be ordered. Suspension package, locker package and tow package are all different from the Z71 package. I'm not sure if I'm wrong on this, that's just the info that everyones been giving me. I was just wondering because you kept refering to the frame as a Z71 and didn't know if you was doing that strictly out of reference or not? If I'm wrong and you know different please let me know so I can take advantage of the parts before I scrap the Z71 parts truck that I have. Thanks. Keep up the good work.

P.S. Hows the burb to crew build going? You still working on it? And I like your bumper sticker. I live on an Indian reservation in NE Montana.
beaugranbois is offline   Reply With Quote